- Kills 99.9% of Bacteria, Germs & Viruses!: It is proven that Ultraviolet (UV) light of 200 to 400 nm (nanometers) wavelength can effectively kills bacteria, germs & viruses.
- Prevention of Oral Diseases: UV sterilizer also combats the bacteria that causes bad breath and gum disease like gingivitis.
- The damp condition of our bathrooms are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and germs: Imagine how unhygienic it is to put that toothbrush that has been exposed to bacteria, germs & viruses for long hours into your mouth.
- Multiple Storage Rack: With this toothbrush holder, you can place 5 toothbrushes (inclusive of electric toothbrushes), and 1 toothpaste.
- No More Wastage: You can control the amount of toothpaste you pump out from the automatic toothpaste dispenser.
- Easy Installation: You can install the toothbrush holder to the bathroom wall (on clean glass or tiles) with the double-sided tape, or secure to the wall by screws (not included).
- Safety features: UV light will auto-off after 4 to 5 minutes. Do turn it on as you are about to leave the bathroom for maximum protection.
- Compatibility: Compatible with all brands of toothpaste.
This is too good to be true! How does UV light kills bacteria & viruses?
- In layman’s terms, when bacteria or another type of microbe is directly exposed to 200 to 400 nanometers (nm) wavelength of Ultraviolet (UV) light, the DNA(it’s fundamental building block) of the cell is damaged, preventing it from replicating. If a cell cannot reproduce, then the cell cannot cause infection, and this is how UV light kills bacteria.
- Scientists have proven that broad-spectrum UVC light, which has a wavelengthof between 200 to 400 nanometers (nm), is highly effective at killing bacteria and viruses by destroying the molecular bonds that hold their DNA together.
- The data is backed by Dr Alex Berezow, a microbiologist. He stated that, “UV light is lethal to bacteria and virusesbecause of its high frequency that scrambles and damages their nuclear material. When it damages the DNA (or RNA) code of these pathogens, it also triggers lethal mutations that prevent them from reproducing properly.” While there have not been any tests specifically on Coronavirus, because of it’s ‘newness’, Berezow said “UV light kills everything: bacteria, fungi, viruses. It should kill coronavirus.”
- UV light is widely used in hospitals, medical centres, laboratories and airplanes to kill bacteria and viruses.
Is this safe to use?
- Yes, definitely!
- This product also has a built-in safety feature where it will auto turned off after 4 to 5 minutes. For peace-of-mind, turn in on as you are leaving the bathroom.
- UV lights are not recommended for direct use on humans for an extended period of time. The absorbed light waves can harm the skin or cause premature aging. However, for just a few minutes of use to kill viruses and bacteria, it is perfectly safe.
- Size of Toothbrush Holder: 8.9 in x 2.2 in x 2.7 in or 22.5 cm x 5.6 cm x 6.8cm
- Size of Toopaste Dispenser: 5.1 in x 2.2 in or 13 cm x 5.6cm
Please take note : the product came with a variation of EU and US Plug. Please choose the correct variation.