- Kills 99.9% of Bacteria, Germs & Viruses!: It is proven that Ultraviolet (UV) light of 200 to 400 nm (nanometers) wavelength can effectively kills bacteria, germs & viruses.
- Solar & home-lighting powered: No plugs or batteries required. More economical and safe.
- Prevention of Oral Diseases: UV sterilizer also combats the bacteria that causes bad breath and gum disease like gingivitis.
- The damp condition of our bathrooms are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and germs: Imagine how unhygienic it is to put that toothbrush that has been exposed to bacteria, germs & viruses for long hours into your mouth.
- Multiple Storage Rack: With this toothbrush holder, you can place 4 toothbrushes, and 1 toothpaste.
- No More Wastage: You can control the amount of toothpaste you pump out from the automatic toothpaste dispenser.
- Easy Installation: You can install the toothbrush holder to the bathroom wall (on clean glass or tiles) with just double-sided tape.
- Safety features: The sensor on the upper left of the product will detect movement within 2-metre range. If there is a movement, the UV light will automatically turned off. Once you leave the sensing range, it will automatically turned back on after 10 seconds.
This is too good to be true! How does UV light kills bacteria & viruses?
- In layman’s terms, when bacteria or another type of microbe is directly exposed to 200 to 400 nanometers (nm) wavelength of Ultraviolet (UV) light, the DNA(it’s fundamental building block) of the cell is damaged, preventing it from replicating. If a cell cannot reproduce, then the cell cannot cause infection, and this is how UV light kills bacteria.
- Scientists have proven that broad-spectrum UVC light, which has a wavelength of between 200 to 400 nanometers (nm), is highly effective at killing bacteria and viruses by destroying the molecular bonds that hold their DNA together.
- The data is backed by Dr Alex Berezow, a microbiologist. He stated that, “UV light is lethal to bacteria and viruses because of its high frequency that scrambles and damages their nuclear material. When it damages the DNA (or RNA) code of these pathogens, it also triggers lethal mutations that prevent them from reproducing properly.” While there have not been any tests specifically on Coronavirus, because of it’s ‘newness’, Berezow said “UV light kills everything: bacteria, fungi, viruses. It should kill coronavirus.”
- UV light is widely used in hospitals, medical centres, laboratories and airplanes to kill bacteria and viruses.
Is this safe to use?
- Yes, definitely!
- This product also has a built-in safety feature where it will automatically turned off if there is movement within the 2-metre range.
- UV lights are not recommended for direct use on humans for an extended period of time. The absorbed light waves can harm the skin or cause premature aging. However, for just a few minutes of use to kill viruses and bacteria, it is perfectly safe, especially when the product will automatically turned off the UV light if the sensor detects any movement within 2-metre range.
Working Voltage: DC3.7V
Working Current: 320mA
Voltage: USB Cable / Solar Rechargeable
Lithium Battery Capacity: 1200mAh (Built-in)
Install: Wall Mounted
1 x Toothbrush Sterilizer
1 x USB Cable
1 x Set of Installation Accessories
1 x User Manual